With spring in sight, this means that Australia's wedding season is right around the corner too. If you are hosting an outdoor wedding, finding the right wedding reception marquee is essential to creating the perfect atmosphere on your big day.
We have provided wedding reception marquees for hundreds of events, so are specialists when it comes to helping a couple decide what size and style of structure will be best. Here we have put together a checklist to help you choose your ideal Wedding Reception Marquee.
Choosing a theme for your wedding has become very popular recently, with more and more couples wanting to inject some of their own personalities into their special occasion. The type of theme you choose for you wedding will also determine what type of marquee you will need for your reception. Here are some of the more popular themes we have catered for:
- Romantic Weddings: Marquee with white roof and draped silk lining, white walls with arched windows, wooden flooring, fairy lights, pastel colours.
- Garden Weddings: Large, open marquees, retractable walls, clear or white ceilings, bench seats and plenty of flowers.
- Rustic Weddings: Large marquee, white roof, white retractable walls, wooden dance floor, artificial grass, wooden furniture.
Knowing how many guests will be attending your wedding is very important when choosing right sized marquee. Not only will you need room for seated dining, but also a dancing area, a stand up mingling area and even a separate ‘chill out’ lounge area.
At Event Marquees, we have a variety of different sized marquees that can cater to wedding receptions of any size. We cater for:
- 50-80 Guests: 10m x 15m or 10m x 10m marquee
- 100 Guests: 10m x 10m or 10m x 15m marquee
- 150-200 Guests: 10m x 20m or 10m x 25m marquee
- 250-300 Guests: 10m x 30m or 10m x 35m marquee
- 300+ Guests: There are numerous large marquees available for 300+ guests, with a popular size being the 20m x 20m marquee
While it may seem obvious, scouting a location for a wedding months in advance isn't always a top priority on a couples planning to-do list.
While you may be able to wing it and get lucky with a last minute location, when using a wedding reception marquee we would suggest that you secure a location as soon as possible.
This is important because:
- Holding a wedding in spring - Australia's wedding season - means that many locations will be booked out months in advance. It is best to reserve a place early to avoid disappointment.
- Different councils have different regulations. You may need to apply for council approval for events and marquees in advance, before booking a certain location.
- Although we always do our best to cater to our customers needs and are as flexible as possible, our marquees can be booked out too. To get the best possible structure for you wedding we always advise to book well in advance.
If you are in the process of planning your wedding, hiring a marquee for your reception can save you money as well as create the perfect atmosphere to complement your wedding.
Not only are you able to decorate it to your own individual style, the high ceilings and retractable walls create a beautiful openness and flow which is ideal for the spring time. In the chance of bad weather, all of our marquees are 100% waterproof, so your special event can continue in style no matter what is going on outside.
We are the experts in providing wedding reception marquees and have a long list of happy clientele. Contact us today for a quote or booking!