Congratulations on your engagement! Now is the time for some high level planning to ensure you have your ideal wedding framework
Your Overall Wedding Theme and Style
- Take some time with you and your partner to imagine the sort of wedding you would like?
- What events have you both enjoyed you could take cues from?
- Check out wedding websites and magazines
- The Event Marquees gallery has great wedding inspo
- Start a mood board to pin your ideas
- Determine what your budget is for your wedding and honeymoon
- Who is paying for what - best to have these sometimes difficult conversations, than assume and be disappointed
- Consider set up a savings plan for the wedding and honeymoon
- Remember that off-peak weddings in Winter can be a lot cheaper. Often, although colder it's usually sunny skies.
Wedding date and time
- Confirm any extra special guests to make sure they are available on your chosen date
- This includes relatives and friends who will be part of the wedding party
- Give overseas guests as much time as possible, as well as accommodation ideas
- You'll be disappointed if your favourite people were unavailable
- This may go hand-in-hand if you have a chosen venue that you absolutely must have
- Send a save the date to overseas guests
- If you don’t have everyone’s mailing address - email is OK, as at least its in peoples forward calendar
Guest Numbers and wedding style
- You and your partner should start putting together a rough guest list
- You will also need to consider the style of wedding and how much space you will need for your wedding marquee hire. Whether it's cocktail or sit-down dinner
- As soon as you have a good idea of both your guest numbers and style you can begin getting quotes from suppliers
Book your venue(s) and marquee
You need to do this as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. This includes securing your marquee. While there is some flexibility with our marquees after booking (e.g. increasing/decreasing the size, adding in extra items and/or accessories), the sooner you can book in your marquee the better.
When you are looking into wedding marquee hire you will also need to consider your venue of choice. You have many options and considerations when it comes to venues, they are as follows -
- Ceremony and reception at the same place and in your marquee
- Ceremony in a different location followed by the reception in a wedding marquee
- Ceremony in a wedding marquee followed by a reception at a reception venue
If you desire a wedding in a marquee but are stuck on venues - don’t despair - get in touch with our helpful team.
Event Marquees have had the privilege to take part in a large number of weddings spanning right across the east coast of Australia. Over the years, we have set up many wedding marquees and event equipment at some spectacular locations in Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Canberra, Blue Mountains, Bowral, Hunter Valley and more! We are excited to have received new bookings for upcoming events in Melbourne and its surrounds. We will be better equipped to service this beautiful area with the addition of our new Melbourne branch opening soon!