Winter is a great time for an event, as often people’s social schedule is bare and they welcome fun things to do. For a product launch or other important corporate event, it’s the perfect time to draw in a crowd - as you are less likely to get calendar clash. But it’s so important to have protection from the weather and ensure that your guests are warm and comfortable. Read on for Event Marquees Top Tips for Cozy Winter Events.
Book in Plan B
Winter is not the time to assume that mother nature will be kind on the day (or night). Add in a threatening shower, some seasonal wind or just a plain grey Winter day and your guests will be seeking some shelter and warmth.
Everyone can probably recall an event that was cold and uncomfortable and as such not enjoyable. If even some of your event is outside make sure you have at least some cover and heating on-site and have a clear Plan B booked if it turns ugly.
Our trusty friend - the gas heater, saves the day at Winter events. They are the ideal Winter warmer and ensure the chill is taken out of the air and make your guests comfortable and therefore happy.
Even in a big marquee our large gas area heaters will warm the space. Talk to us to work out how many you will need, taking into account your space, guests numbers and proposed location. It also depends how toasty you would like your event, for example events with lots of activity or dancing require less heating than a sit-down dinner.
Top Tip! A great idea is to also have a gas heater at the entrance - it is a place where people frequently stand around or wait and this ensures they stay warm and comfortable.
Winter + Lighting = Fun
The Winter darker months provide the perfect backdrop to create a stunning lighting display. Often for Summer events the lighting can be lost till late in the night - but during Winter you can make a statement with your lighting nice and early in the evening.
Event Marquees has a full range of Winter lighting including chandeliers, string lights, fairy lights, paper lanterns and more.
Winter Layout Tips
Winter events demand a little more planning and creativity in ways that can entertain your guests and/or draw in a crowd.
Winter demands cozy spaces - plan for dedicated zones where guests can gather in separate areas for different functionality.
- Illuminated Bar area for welcome drinks - utilise our Event Bars that light up and are perfect for a Winter Event!
- Lounge Area - featuring ottomans with bright cushions
- Indoor Games - create with a base layer of our artificial grass, frame with picket fence then add in oversized games. Finish with some pallet furniture bench seats to watch the action!
- Kids area with oversized cushions, play tables and TV for a late night movie.
- Dedicated Cloak Room - We also recommend having a dedicated cloak room so you guests can easily divest themselves of their Winter layers. A creative idea is to make the cloak room a transition area between the cold outdoors and your fun & warm event. Ensure you have lots of hanging space and wooden hangers, umbrella rack and that the cloak room is heated. Style it with some hints of the interior such as flowers and your chosen lighting - or go grand with a chandelier. Guests will welcome a mirror, that you can make a styling detail. Then offer your guests a drink - yes definitely the time for a custom event cocktail!
Ideal Time for Clear Marquees
Winter is a great time of year for our popular clear marquees! Not only do they protect from the wind and rain but can be a warmer option as they hold in the sun’s heat - making them ideal for a cozy Winter ambience.
All our Clear Marquees have the flexibility on the day to open or close side walls depending on the suitability of the weather on the day.
Winter Events Benefits
An awesome benefit for events held in Winter is that people are drawn inside to the festivities instead of being preoccupied with being outside. For weddings this can be a great boon ensuring that guests are engrossed into the wedding and any planned surprises! #weddingdance anyone?
For corporate events it means that the focus is on the planned event and you are likely to have guests’ full attention. In addition for product launches you can be creative with lighting options that can really highlight your new widget.
Another benefit of Winter is that it offers a richer backdrop of natural colours from the surrounding garden. Flowers and foliage will last longer - so you can plan for something different (ferns are super trendy right now) or use a lot more to decorate your space - without the threat of them wilting.
Plus who doesn’t love Winter Comfort Food! It's the perfect time of year for food festivals or a winter wedding or event with a warmer, heartier cuisine.
Get in touch with the experienced and helpful Event Marquees team to make your Winter events exceptional.